Pansies, Squares, and Papillon

Monday, August 1, 2011



Pansies, Squares, and Papillon~ 16x20 collage on canvas Whew, I have finished my latest collage on canvas creation. I have been working on it on and off for a month. I signed my name, so that means I can't obsess about it any more. I love the color and texture. The pansy image is from an antique postcard that I have had since a child. This canvas includes, painted paper, dyed paper, stamping using my styrofoam designs, and repeated texture building. I put my squiggle writing message in at the beginning and then a new message as I progressed with layers. It is definitely one-of -a kind. Any and all comments are welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous! The background of trees is what really does it for me. Or maybe they aren't trees at all, since you didn't mention them. But they look like trees in the blog-sized photo... Anyway, lovely colors, great composition. Outstanding, Beth.

    ReplyDelete