Sketchbook-traveling across country-postcard

Thursday, December 29, 2011


Postcard for traveling across country...from Iowa City, Iowa to San Francisco, CA.  Vintage map, Greyhound bus, and bus ticket.  Found a vintage stamp. Postage in 1969 was 6 cents so I figured a 4 cent postcard would be fairly correct.  I'm trying to be somewhat accurate, but not quite finished with my postcard.  Still something missing.  I'll keep looking, but wanted to post my progress.  Thanks to Rebecca, I've remembered some events of the trip.  Some pleasant, some not so.  More to come.

3 comments:

  1. I like this a lot. Never went any place far on a bus, just back and forth to school and field trips. Not sure I'd like it.
    Love the mountains crawling up the map. They look like the tracks of something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't want anyone to know, but we "hitched" during the day and road the bus at night. Thus, the thumb. Very risky, but we were young and foolish.

    ReplyDelete