Poppies and Papillon 8x8 canvas

Saturday, July 16, 2011





Once I get an idea in my head, there is no stopping me. Poppies and Papillon #1 & #2: 8x8 canvas. I am getting better at putting a wash over top of my initial color, as I learned in Lenna' "Collage on Canvas " class. I have discovered that I can place the color in shapes that may be helpful to my overall design. However, it is more fun to just let it happen. I wrote some thoughts as to friends in a scribble fashion. I really like doing this because it gives me a mindset for creating the rest...sort of like centering clay, or prayers during ceremonies. Anyway, taffy background and light blue wash that I let run when I tipped the canvas. Again, I stamped using my homemade styrofoam printer and stamped over and over again. I also stamped on card stock. I added my butterfly and the beautiful poppy image. Stamped using my Friend and face stamp. Then I added strips of paper to areas I thought needed more focus. Also used the old postage stamps that I inherited. But, enough of technique details. I am really happy with the results. These will be extras for my library exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment