I found this
unusual piece of cardboard and thought it would be the bases for my print. I painted it with acrylic paints and then placed a sheet of ordinary computer paper on top, rubbing in the grooves and all around. When I lifted the paper, not as much paint came off onto the paper as I thought would, but that is the beauty of printmaking. It actually left dots and stripes from the corrugated parts. Left it to dry.Next, I inked up this leaf plate. Cut leaf shapes glued to a heavy matte cardboard. Lined the paper up on the plate and rubbed all around with my fingers and a spoon. Check out the leaf shapes in the background. Sorry, didn't take a picture of this whole process. Next time.
Painted some bubble wrap and randomly stamped around.
Here is another cardboard collagraph that I have used on other prints. I inked it up with an opaque blue acrylic, placed the paper ontop and again rubbed the surface with my fingers and a spoon. I really like the way this paint lets the other shapes come through.
This time I inked up this bird and flower made from a foam sheet and glued on to a sturdy cardboard backing. I used a regular black stamp pad. Then stamped with my small leaf stamp and added a strip of washi numbers tape.
Cut off the excess ready to create my 5" x 7" postcards. I'll glue this paper to a file folder backing, sew around it, and it's off to California and downstate Michigan. Sorry, no surprise, but I hope that explains.