Coneflowers at My Gate

Sunday, April 21, 2013

"Coneflowers at My Gate"
Mixed-media

I've been really serious about making the images register.  This time, the coneflowers are printed with Magenta (acrylics),  over-printed with Orange Calypso Opaque, and then I used a small brush to paint the flower plate with Magenta and printed.  The bottom flowers were done the same way.  I went back to my flower plate to add the stems and leaves, not thinking about a reverse image, I printed.  Note to self: try it out first in sketchbook.  It was a happy mistake and just adds a few more stems and texture.  Second time around, I got the stem placement correct.  I added stamped black pattern at the right and left and top of the page.  Finished off with small bubble wrap printing.  Then, I found scraps of paper that had been printed before to add some contrast.  I don't think I can call this a collagraph since I didn't start with a solid base print, but instead rolled on ink directly to the paper using a brayer.  Just don't know about this technical stuff, so I'll stick with mixed-media.  I think I'll keep working with this until my paper stash runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment